Skip to main content Skip to main navigation

Is it only residential developments that are likely to have harmful effects on the European wildlife sites?

No. Applications for other development types, which create a recreational impact on sites outlined above, or non-recreational impacts, e.g. Infrastructure projects which would cause disturbance during construction, will all require individual Appropriate Assessments before a decision can be issued. If any mitigation is required this will be separate from the RAMS, for example, mitigation required for any large road/rail schemes and the England Coast Path. The local planning authority, with advice from Natural England, will consider the mitigation requirements for such development proposals on a case-by-case basis.